The Library is accepting applications for a student summer reading club coordinator position! Applications accepted in-person, by mail or email (not through social media).
The Renfrew Public Library is now accepting applications for a Summer Reading Club Coordinator. Reporting to the Children’s Librarian, the Summer Reading Club Coordinator plans, promotes and delivers the library’s annual TD Summer Reading Club. This year’s theme is: Once Upon a Time: Myths and Legends.
The successful candidate will plan, prepare, implement, promote and market a variety of creative, imaginative, engaging programs for children ages 2-13. This also includes contacting schools and community groups to promote the programs, designing ways to engage children online, in-library and out in the community. The successful candidate will also be required to learn basic library procedures as needed.
The position involves up to 30 hours per week during May through August 2022.
Find out more about the TD Summer Reading Program.
Up to 30 hours/week for 15 weeks
Job runs May through August
Closing Date: Friday, March 11th at 5:00 p.m.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume (c/o Kelly Thompson) in one of the following ways:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Person/Mail: Renfrew Public Library, 13 Railway Ave., Renfrew, Ontario
- Art/crafts, drama or storytelling skills
- Technologically adept – comfortable using online tools for delivery and promotion of services (Facebook, Zoom, Canva, Instagram, etc.)
- Previous experience working with children and the public considered an asset
- A love of reading and understanding of public libraries
- Good written, interpersonal, public speaking and leadership skills
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Be a full-time high school, college, CEGEP or university student (as defined by their educational institution) in the spring 2022 semester and be returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2022
- Able to work occasional evenings & weekends
- Be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident, or have refugee status in Canada (non-Canadians holding temporary work visas or awaiting permanent status are not eligible) and legally entitled to work in Canada
- Between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment
We thank all applicants for their interest – only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Renfrew Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and all information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection. This information is being collected under the authority of the Public Libraries Act, 1990, c. P. 44, in order to identify potential candidates for job competitions. The Renfrew Public Library will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for a known disability for an applicant or employee if requested.