If you can’t find what you’re looking for in RPL’s Catalogue, you may always request an Interlibrary Loan.
Interlibrary Loans Explained
While the Renfrew Public Library tries to provide a diverse, relevant collection of materials for our community, there will be times when an item is not available, is out of print, or doesn’t fit within our collection policy guidelines.
When that happens we can try to borrow the item on your behalf from another library through our Interlibrary Loans (ILLO) service.
When to Request an ILLO
- Search Renfrew Public Library’s CATALOGUE first. If we have the title you are looking for, sign in to your account and place a reservation on the item.
- If you want an item that is less than 12 months old and we don’t have it, suggest a purchase.
- If RPL does not own the title and it is more than 12 months old, you can PLACE AN ILLO REQUEST.
Submitting Interlibrary Loan Requests
There are three (3) ways you can submit an interlibrary loan request.:
- Login in to your account. Click on “My Account”, choose “New Interlibrary Loan” from the dropdown menu. Choose the button which reads, “Request an Item”. Fill in as much information as you can. Click “Save”. Your request has now been sent to RPL staff for processing!
- Call or come in to make a request.
- Register for self-serve interlibrary loan service!
Self-Serve Interlibrary Loan Requests
Being registered for a self-serve account means you can request items yourself and track your requests. If you wish to register for this service, please email email@example.com or call the library @ 613-432-8151.
Download instructions for Placing ILLO Requests.
Or scroll down to watch the video showing the whole process.
FAQs about Interlibrary Loans
- The service is free to all patrons. Overdue charges apply, and lost or damaged materials will be charged to the patron at the rate charged by the lending library.
- Please be aware items can take upwards of 2 weeks to arrive.
- We’ll call or e-mail you when it is ready to be picked up at the library.
- The loan period is usually about 3 weeks, but is set by the library that lends us the item. DVDs may have shorter loan periods.